Job Facts for #RSWM01P
CategoryChildren & Youth, Residential Support
Position TypePermanent, Part Time
Apply ByOct 26, 2021
We are looking for caring and enthusiastic individuals who possess excellent teamwork skills to join our team!
Residential Support Workers at Matthew’s House support youth and young adults to live successfully in a residential group home setting, implementing the philosophy and values of Communitas. The Residential Support Worker ensures that residents’ physical, emotional, social, educational, and medical needs are being met, with a view towards helping each of the residents grow to their full potential.
Current Openings: Full Time, Part Time and Casual
- Residential Support Workers are expected to work according to pre-determined schedules as per program needs. Each schedule will have day, evening, overnight and weekend shifts unless otherwise stated.
- Casual (on-call) staff need to be available for 2-3 shifts per week according to program needs. These may include day, evening, overnight and weekend shifts
- This position requires a moderate level of physical fitness. Some lifting/transferring of individuals served and assistance with personal care is required
- The ability to take initiative with creativity and flexibility
- The ability to work as a member of a team as well as being able to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Community Support Worker certificate is an asset
- BC Class 5 Drivers License with the ability to obtain a Class 4 Drivers License within 3-6 months of being hired
- Personal Driving Record
- Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Doctor’s Note of Good Health
- TB Testing Results