Job Facts for #Residential Support Worker
Apply ByAug 14, 2020
We are looking for caring and enthusiastic individuals who possess excellent teamwork skills to join our team!
This casual Residential Support Worker position assists residents to live successfully in residential group home settings, implementing the philosophy and values of Communitas. The support worker sleeps through the night, waking only to attend to unusual circumstances, ensuring the safety and well-being of each resident. Provides assistance with morning and evening routines.
Shifts are casual on-call, as needed on a casual basis for days, evenings, weekends, and night shifts.
- Community Support Worker certificate or approved equivalent
- A philosophy of service that is in line with Communitas’ Vision, Mission and Values
- Familiar with and able to implement ‘Spirit of Gentleness’ principles
- Ability to take initiative with creativity
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to maintain honest, direct and respectful relationships
- Ability to receive direction as well as being able to work independently without supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possession of a valid Class 4 BC driver’s license (restricted)
- Possession of a valid Emergency First Aid Certificate with CPR (must maintain valid certification)