Job Facts for #MHW03P
Position TypePermanent, Part Time
Apply ByOct 27, 2021
We are looking for caring and enthusiastic individuals who possess excellent teamwork skills to join our team!
The Mental Health Worker at First Avenue is responsible to provide support to mental health consumers living in an assisted living setting with the goal toward maintaining an optimal level of independence. The mental health worker will provide support in all areas of living including: meals, social, mental, physical and/or spiritual, through participation in home and community-based activities. First Avenue offers a safe and supportive environment where consumers can acquire knowledge and skills that will assist them to eventually transition to a more independent setting in the community.
Week 1: Sun 4pm-12am, Sat 4pm-12am
Week 2: Thurs 12am-8am, Sat 10am-6pm
Week 3: Sun 4pm-12am, Sat 4pm-12am
Week 4: Thurs 12am-8am, Sat 10am-6pm
Overnight shifts provide on call support to Transitional Living Program (TLP) clients.
- Training/experience in the field of Psychosocial Rehabilitation/Psychology/Community Mental Health
- Training/experience in the safe use of psychotropic medications is an asset
- Training/experience in developing and implementing activity programs, including recreational, life skills and community access and awareness
- Familiar with and able to implement Psychosocial Rehabilitation principles fostering a belief in the recovery process
- Ability to be motivational and positive in interactions with residents
- Ability to effectively access community resources
- Ability to observe, record and evaluate change in human behaviour
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Possession of a valid Class 5 BC drivers license
- Use of personal vehicle required for client appointments, etc.
- Possession of a valid Emergency First Aid Certificate with CPR (must maintain valid certification)