Job Facts for #LPN01C
Apply ByJul 16, 2020
We are looking for caring and enthusiastic individuals who possess excellent teamwork skills to join our team!
Licensed Practical Nurses participate in the nursing process to provide quality care to youth and young adults while implementing the philosophy and values of Communitas. They ensure that the physical and emotional needs of supported individuals are met in a safe environment.
- Licensed Practical Nurses are expected to work according to pre-determined schedules as per program needs. Each schedule will have day, evening, overnight and weekend shifts, unless otherwise stated.
- Casual (on-call) staff need to be available for 2-3 shifts per week according to program needs. These may include day, evening, overnight and weekend shifts
- This position requires a moderate level of physical fitness. Some lifting/transferring of individuals served and assistance with personal care may be required
- Graduation from an approved practical nursing program
- Current Registration with the College of LPN’s BC (CLPNBC)
- Current CPR “C” Certificate
- Pediatric experience and/or experience working with various disabilities is an asset
- Experience with Tracheostomy and tube feeding is an asset
- A good sense of humor and the ability to interact with youth and young adults in a lighthearted way
- Possession of a valid Class 4 BC drivers license (restricted)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Possession of Food Safe Certificate