Job Facts for #LPN03P
CategoryMental Health, Residential Support
Position TypePermanent, Part Time
Apply ByOct 20, 2021
We are looking for caring and enthusiastic individuals who possess excellent teamwork skills to join our team!
Licensed Practical Nurses participate in the nursing process to provide quality, resident focused care, under the direction of RPNs / RNs, physicians and other health team members. The LPN administers and documents personal care which meets the physical, psychosocial, and spiritual needs of the residents of Topaz Place.
The LPN assists Communitas in their mission to provide a healthy life for older residents in respect to their capabilities, assisting them to reach their maximum potential in a caring and supportive environment.
- Licensed Practical Nurses are expected to work according to pre-determined schedules as per program needs. Each schedule will have day, evening, overnight and weekend shifts, unless otherwise stated.
- Casual (on-call) staff need to be available for 2-3 shifts per week according to program needs. These may include day, evening, overnight and weekend shifts
- This position requires a moderate level of physical fitness. Some lifting/transferring of individuals served and assistance with personal care may be required
- Graduation from approved Practical Nursing Program (including Pharmacology)
- Current registration with BCCN&M
- Completion of Psychosocial Rehabilitation certificate (or approved equivalent)
- A philosophy of service that is in line with Communitas’ Vision, Mission and Values
- Familiar with and able to implement ‘Spirit of Gentleness’ principles
- Familiar with and able to implement Psychosocial Rehabilitation principles fostering a belief in the recovery process
- Recent related experience is preferred
- Sincere interest in supporting people who are aging
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to work as a member of a team as well as being able to work independently without supervision
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate all equipment associated with the duties of the position
- Ability to physically and emotionally carry out the duties of the position
- Valid CPR C certificate
- Valid Food Safe Level 1 certificate