Job Facts for #HCW03C
CategoryMental Health, Residential Support
Apply BySep 22, 2021
We are looking for caring and enthusiastic individuals who possess excellent teamwork skills to join our team!
The Health Care Worker at Topaz Place provides personal care to and related documentation for the residents of Topaz Place, under the direction of the Manager of Care and RPNs/RNs. The health care worker assists Communitas in their mission to provide a healthy life for older residents in respect to their capabilities, assisting them to reach their maximum potential in a caring and supportive environment.
- Health Care Workers are expected to work according to pre-determined schedules as per program needs. Each schedule will have day, evening, overnight and weekend shifts unless otherwise stated.
- Casual (on-call) staff need to be available for 2-3 shifts per week according to program needs. These may include day, evening, overnight and weekend shifts
- This position requires a moderate level of physical fitness. Some lifting/transferring of individuals served and assistance with personal care may be required
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation Certificate (or approved equivalent) from a recognized program
- Sincere interest in supporting people who are aging
- The ability to work as a member of a team as well as being able to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Emergency First Aid Certificate
- Doctor’s Note of Good Health
- TB Testing Results
- Valid Food Safe Level 1 Certificate