Job Facts for #CSW03F
Position TypeFull Time, Permanent
Apply ByAug 7, 2020
Start DateAug 19, 2020
We are looking for caring and enthusiastic individuals who possess excellent teamwork skills to join our team!
Do weekday, daytime hours appeal to you? The Community Support Worker supports individuals with a developmental disability to access meaningful daytime activities in the community. The Community Inclusion Support Worker provides guidance, support and teaching in all areas of living.
Shifts are Monday to Friday, from 9:15am-3:30pm each day.
- Community Support Worker certificate or approved equivalent
- Previous Community Inclusion/behavioral support experience is an asset
- Ability to relate to families and caregivers
- Ability to relate supportively to a person with developmental disabilities and mental health issues
- Must have strong ability to enforce boundaries and expectations and have strong leadership skills
- Ability to model appropriate behavior (conduct, performance, concern for people, morale, compliance with program policy and procedures, work performance standards, professionalism, ethics and professional integrity, social relational skills)
- Use of personal vehicle required for client appointments, etc.
- Possession of a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license
- Possession of a valid Emergency First Aid certificate with CPR