Job Facts for #CSW03P
Position TypePermanent, Part Time
Apply ByFeb 16, 2021
Do weekday, daytime hours appeal to you?
We are looking for caring and enthusiastic individuals who possess excellent teamwork skills to join our team!
The Community Support Worker supports individuals with a developmental disability to access meaningful daytime activities in the community. The Community Support Worker provides guidance, support and teaching in all areas of living.
Shifts are: Mondays and Tuesdays, 9:30-3:45pm.
- Community Support Worker certificate or approved equivalent
- Previous Community Inclusion/behavioral support experience is an asset
- Ability to relate to families and caregivers
- Ability to relate supportively to a person with developmental disabilities and mental health issues
- Must have strong ability to enforce boundaries and expectations and have strong leadership skills
- Ability to model appropriate behavior (conduct, performance, concern for people, morale, compliance with program policy and procedures, work performance standards, professionalism, ethics and professional integrity, social relational skills)
- Possession of a valid Class 4 BC driver’s license
- Possession of a valid Emergency First Aid certificate with CPR