Job Facts for #CSW01C
LocationLower Mainland, BC
Apply ByOct 13, 2021
Do daytime weekday hours appeal to you?
We are looking for caring and enthusiastic individuals who possess excellent teamwork skills to join our team!
The Community Support Worker supports individuals with a developmental disability to access meaningful daytime activities in the community. The Community Support Worker provides guidance, support and teaching in all areas of living.
Shifts are: Weekday, daytime hours, on call as needed
- Community Support Worker certificate or approved equivalent
- Previous Community Inclusion/behavioral support experience is an asset
- Ability to relate to families and caregivers
- Ability to relate supportively to a person with developmental disabilities and mental health issues
- Must have strong ability to enforce boundaries and expectations and have strong leadership skills
- Ability to model appropriate behavior (conduct, performance, concern for people, morale, compliance with program policy and procedures, work performance standards, professionalism, ethics and professional integrity, social relational skills)
- Use of personal vehicle required for client appointments, etc.
- Possession of a valid Class 5 BC driver’s license
- Possession of a valid Emergency First Aid certificate with CPR