Job Facts for #CLPES01F
CategoryDay Services, Mental Health, Vocational Services
Position TypeFull Time, Permanent
Apply ByOct 19, 2021
Start DateNov 1, 2021
We are looking for caring and enthusiastic individuals who possess excellent teamwork skills to join our team!
The Employment Specialist assists people with developmental disabilities or mental illness to discover and obtain a vocational position that matches their skills and abilities. The Employment Specialist will facilitate the discovery and assessment process and engage with prospective employers to ascertain their needs in order to determine suitable matches. The Employment Specialist will foster relationships with employers to help employers realize the benefits of hiring well matched job seekers for their business needs. The specialist will work with a diverse age group of individuals with a diverse range of abilities.
The work schedule for this position is Monday to Friday, daytime hours.
- Community Support Worker, Employment Counseling, Social Services certificate or approved equivalent
- Proven experience with supported, customized, and self-employment for people with disabilities
- Previous experience supporting people with developmental disabilities as an Employment Specialist or Employment Counselor
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with the business community regarding labour market opportunities
- Ability to be motivational and positive while coaching clients
- Ability to develop rapport quickly and effectively with Employers and Job Seekers
- Ability to organize tasks, prioritize and manage time effectively in a busy and fast-paced environment
- Ability to manage emergencies/crisis in a calm and effective manner taking all precautionary measures
- Possession of an Emergency First Aid/CPR certificate, Class 5 Drivers License