Job Facts for #CC01F
Position TypeFull Time, Permanent
Apply ByOct 19, 2021
We are looking for caring and enthusiastic individuals who possess excellent teamwork skills to join the Little Sprout Café team!
The Café Cook prepares and plates café menu items, assists in the cleaning and maintenance of the café kitchen, and takes a kitchen leadership role with kitchen team members, in the absence of the Café Chef Manager, to complete food orders.
Shifts are worked Mon, Thurs, Fri, and Sat, 7:00am-3pm.
As part of Communitas Social Enterprises, Little Sprout Café is an inclusive employer, providing employment opportunities for individuals with mental health challenges, developmental disabilities, and acquired brain injuries.
You can discover more information about Little Sprout Café by going to this address: littlesproutcafe.ca
- Previous kitchen experience is required
- Culinary training is an asset
- A philosophy of service that is in line with Communitas’ Vision, Mission and Values
- Able to stay organized and maintain focus in fast-faced environment
- Excellent teamwork skills as well as the ability to work independently without supervision
- High energy and highly motivated with strong interpersonal, communication, and motivational skills
- Ability to model appropriate behaviour (conduct, performance, concern for people, morale, compliance with program policy and procedures, work performance standards, appearance, professionalism, ethics and personal integrity)
- Must be able to lift 20 lbs
- Reliable, punctual, and able to take initiative
- Possession of Emergency First Aid Certificate with CPR
- Possession of FoodSafe Level 1
- Possession of BC Class 5 drivers license is preferred